Rexer: Selfie/Anti-selfie (Project 4)

People, as social animals, are curious about and care about other people’s perceptions of ourselves. In some people’s cameras, I sometimes found myself looks so different and unfamiliar. In other people’s cameras, I look familiar. Although people sometimes get frustrated in their self-portraits and selfies, it seems like that they thrived in pressure.  Similar to indulging in shot landscape photos, reading this chapter reminds me of thinking why people indulge in having selfies and self-portrait? Is that only for a record? “We glimpse the redemptive, rather than the deceptive, potential of photographic images.”Until I read this sentence, I realize that selfie is not just a selfie, it is a way to cure, get heal, and get power. We are the big boss of designing ourselves, and selfie gives us safety to show the best self. However, selfies could be single. From my perspective, self-portrait gives further freedom in playing different roles. It is more formal and full of thoughts. Whether a self-portrait is satisfied or unsatisfied, I believe that it makes people see something about themselves and know more about themselves.

Kishin Shinoyama:


Ins: Agnes LIoyd-Platt

评论