Project No.7 - Other Natures

Landscape Photography">
 (Click the photo  to see whole photos)


The landscape photo project pushed me to go further on using Lightroom, which made me both excited. However, I was confused as the same time. Sometimes editing a photo can completely change the perception of the scene. I achieved the emphasis on color that I want, but that was not the real scene. While I am writing this reflection (just now!), I suddenly realize that taking landscape photos itself is a new creation. Landscape photos always look different from actual seeing. While editing landscape photos, I probably injected what I saw before into this new photo. Landscape photos I edit could be the combination of my past perception of landscapes. 
The book mentioned Stephan Shore and reminded me of a series of his landscape photo I saw last term. The mass of similar object landscape photos is attractive, and I got a chance to enjoy the beauty and attraction of the mass of landscape photos in this project. I realize how quantity can enrich the perception of landscape photography. While taking these photos, I wondered what was the difference between landscape photography and street photography? Sometimes I cannot decide whether a photo belongs to landscape genre or street photography. Maybe it can be both. 

“These photograms, for that is what they are, do not offer views but instead record the activity and conditions of a setting in a new perspective, one that does not mimic human sight.” 

评论