Project No.8 - Street Photography

Street Photography">
(Click the photo to see the whole album)


The photos in this project are both similar but different. I emphasize the color in each photo. I feel the beauty and attraction of California through this stay. It is colorful, passionate, and free. I try to convey those feelings through my photos. In other words, these photos represent the impression that California gives to me. Colors are exclusively emphasized in these photos. Colors are everywhere, which forms a strong contrast to the metropolitan skyscrapers. Although my works are emotional and aesthetic, it somewhat showed the current situation during the Covid-19. I was not intentional to avoid people, but the fact is that nobody walked on the street in these photos. From this perspective, it could be a documentary series of street photography. Editing these photos, I had strong feelings that editing apps are really amazing, but I also reflect that do I get to rely too much on it? For some photos, I changed the fact, changing colors completely different. In one way, I am glad to see a magical change in the photo, but sometimes I also feel that it is not real. Writing here, I am thinking that although some scenes on the photo are artificial, however, the beautiful moments we experience in life really exist, and that is enough. Doing this project, I also found and practiced a way to edit different photos into a similar effect, and I believe that I will keep doing it after our class and graduation.

"If there is any coherence to Wingogrand's America, it is not imparted by history or class or location but only by the arbitrary, shifting gaze of the camera."


评论