Project No.4 - Selfie/Anti-selfie

Selfie/Anti-selfie">


The people appearing in this series all have some quality attractive to me, and each people in my photos were given a role by me. The words referenced in Rexer was impressive and touching, “Taking pictures is for me a way of liberating myself from the sufferings of childhood, from illness, war, everything. I always believed that my life would be pushed aside by other people's. But photography has given me a second life. It’s made all lives possible for me.”
While I saw the woman holding her child and the woman with the bag and holding a cigarette, I was attracted. They were assertive, brave, powerful, and casual. I know those are the qualities I want, and I put them in the role of these qualities. Looking into these pictures are inspiring and powerful to me. “It’s made all lives possible for me.” The men in my photos also convey information to me, and I know that could be arbitrary. They were in portraits created by me. For my selfies, I was like putting myself into different spaces. Stocking in the lamp and the window, I am always trying to explore the outside world. Where am I? Who am I? Always on the way to know about myself. That’s my role given by myself.

评论