Project 5 - Real Abstraction

During the quarantine, I was attracted by Jacquemus' snapshot posted on Instagram. Many snapshots are about capturing daily stuff and photos of daily life, so I had an idea to take a series of photos of daily life for a long time. especially with my favorite objects, such as fruits. 
I tried with different objects and finally decided to use paper glass that I stumble upon as the main character for this project. 
For this project, I used glass papers and lighting and shading effects to create the abstraction photos. Moreover, I edited the colors of each photo so that each photo can form different moods and feelings. Without having recognizable shapes can make viewers put more attention to see the photos as a whole to luxuriate in feel the work rather than focus on the details and try to understand the photos. Abstract photos can be simple but full of information and emotions. I love the fact that glass paper can be versatile. It was an interesting process to use glass papers to create different shapes and color palettes. The lighting and shading effect, especially the quality of glass papers can transmit light and give illusions of 3-D by using these flat papers. Viewers can inject their own interpretations. For me, I watch these photos and feel so cool. I feel like I'm eating popsicles. It probably because the recent temperatures are so high, and I feel summer and popsicle both should be colorful. 













评论