Project No.2 - Piercing awareness on daily life photos

Piercing awareness


I was inspired by the sentence in the book that “the cliché can be an opening to a different point of view, a stimulus, even a guide to making pictures not yet seen.” Therefore, for this project, rather than going outside to taking some new photos, I decided to review my photo album in my phone, pick some photos and recreate them. People taking photos to record their lives, including me, I chose to recreate food photos since eating is a big part of daily lives. Almost everyone has the experience of taking a picture of food if they have a smartphone, so I think food pictures could be the cliché that everyone has similar photos on their phone. I take photos before eat, either having food in the restaurants or at home. Most food photos are just about to record my experience, such as who cook meals and what food I see or I eat. I spend time taking food photos, but I do not spend much time making them beautiful and posting them online. They only exist on my phone.
After editing these past photos, I do feel they are special now. They may still similar to others’ photos. At least, however, they are something new and exciting to me.

Here are some interesting comparisons:








评论

  1. Nice, I like the concept! It reminds me of the example from the book of the photographer who built paper models of photos he had taken before, and then re-photographed them. I like how even though the subject is the same in each pair of images, the framing, colors and lighting all seem to be explored in more detail in your recreations. I especially like the one of the two plastic cups against the bright yellow background; combined with the white semicircle they form an interesting geometric pattern, and the crop has the feeling of being very exact and deliberate.

    回复删除

发表评论