Time Machine


Time Machine






For capturing what is happening around me immediately, I chose to record on my iPhone. During the process of recording, I found that viewing specific objects by eyes in a whole-sight view is different from enlarging and focusing on the specific area through the screen. While I put the specific scene into the frame of a screen, the other objects were neglected, and the specific scene can be a completely new place. The places we are familiar with, in this way, become special since we do not usually observe the specific area and object carefully. Moreover, while I enlarged the scene, I noticed how the shape of clouds and smoke changed magically; they are kaleidoscopic. While using imagination, every scene becomes interesting. Furthermore, I enjoy the usage of effects during editing the video through Premiere. The effects create possibilities of different plots by using different ways of connecting two scenes. While adding sounds to the video, I thought calm music would match with the movement and the flow through the video. However, I like the dramatic feeling more than the calming sounds since I do feel it is an interesting process to observe the changes in nature. In addition, I called the video "time machine", which is a funny name as well. The movement and the flow appearing in the movie, such elements representing time passing match with the name as well.  I enjoy meeting the unknown possibilities during shooting and editing videos.




What I did preparing this project was observing,  watching the world and experiencing what was happening around me. 


McLuhan said:" At the high speeds of electronic communication, purely visual means of apprehending the world are no longer possible; they are just too slow to be relevant or effective."


In this high-speed world, it is hard for us to spend a day, or even just an hour to stop and watch clouds move, the sun rises, the smoke disappears, and water flows. 
During the process of taking the video shoot, I was in a state of relaxation and enjoyment. I observed the movements and experienced time flows and the miracle that nature brings to us. Clouds, sun, and smoke changing in different shapes are fascinated.


"We have now become aware of the possibility of arranging the entire human environment as a work of art, as a teaching machine designed to maximize perception and to make everyday learning a process of discovery."

                                                                                                       -----------McLuhan

The man goes through the doorway and starts his journey of discovery. 

Will you?



评论